Discuss New member coming to say hi, and hopfully get some good advice on career move. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi everybody im looking forward to searching this site and getting as much advice as possible mainly on a career move at first, ill try keep this short and sweet, im in full time employment working in a forge, but over the last year ive been planning on a career change, and after countless days of thinking and planning different ideas, ive come to tiling and planning a business this isn't something ive thought of over night its has been a few weeks planning reading taking in as much advice, now im here to ask for advice on your views on the career change im thinking of, many thanks steve

T

Time's Ran Out

Welcome and enjoy.
I’d never leave any employment to become self employed unless it was to start my own business and I was at the top of my game.
The grass may seem greener and tiling is certainly enjoyable, but it could take an awful long time to build up a portfolio and gain repeat work .
I’d concentrate on blacksmith/forge work and hone your skills to an elite market.
Good luck.

W

WetSaw

Get in with some hipster upcycling types and flog your wares in a shop like this....

Reply to New member coming to say hi, and hopfully get some good advice on career move. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks