Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New introduction, hoping for experience! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

axlgod

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everybody my name is Ricky from Grimsby.

I’m looking to work alongside a tiler to hopefully show me how to tile to an excellent standard. Ultimately that’s what I would like to do for a living after working in my current job for over 20 years. I’m a realist & understand it’ll be hard graft, but I know I’ve got the qualities to succeed. I’ve already sent out emails/messages to tilers asking for some experience, (for free) but unfortunately none seem to be biting at the moment. It’s very frustrating & it’s getting me down a bit, but I’m still remaining positive.

One option I have would be is the UK Pro tile Course , which I’m still thinking about- some people say ‘don’t waste your money’, which is interesting because for the tilers who dismiss it, how else I’m I going to get any experience? Others say ‘it’s fantastic, go for it, you won’t regret it’, so I’m trying to look at it with a balanced view.

If anyone has it in their heart to give me shot it would be greatly appreciated.

I have my own transport & am willing to go ‘a bit further’ than North East Lincs.

Thanks.

Ricky.

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Ricky, good for you mate, hope you’re successful.
I myself got in to the industry in exactly the same way as you’re trying now, that was some 35yrs ago.
There is a fair mix of installers on here, some time served and others from short courses, so there’s not really an answer that is definitive unfortunately.
How successful you become is really all on you, and is down to your determination and doggedness, if you’re intent on succeeding, then you will.
You could always try a few tile stores and ask them to mention to their regular fitters that you’re available, even if you get passed around by a few tilers for a few days at a time, it’s all experience and I’m sure working for several different people you’ll learn a whole lot more about what’s right and wrong.
I think it’d actually quite enlightening. :)
Just don’t play their knowledge off against each other, you may upset a few haha
But there’s nothing wrong with you coming back here and telling us! :pJust make sure they’re not members. :D
Seriously tho Ricky, good luck mate, sounds like you’re determined to succeed, so fair play to you.

S

Spare Tool

Welcome Ricky, be a good idea to start with the UK pro tile course, not just for hands on information but also for guidance in how to successfully set up, market and run your new business. Darren that run's the course may very well have contacts around your area he could put you onto..
Good luck.

Reply to New introduction, hoping for experience! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock