Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss CLOSED NOW - Morning Thread (and General Daily Discussion - Certainly during COVID) in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating
5.00 star(s)

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Very sunny here this morning, but chilly. Can't believe this is going on till at least March!! I just want a nice brekkie somewhere lol

Reaction score
Not quite morning now!...
I haven't worked since the week before Christmas now, having asthma during a pandemic that primarilly affects your breathing quickly sorts out your priorities!
Trying to home school our 15 year old son who has ADHD with a 5 minute attention span...
If I had hair, I would have torn it all out already!
Trying to stay sane and not hit the bottle! LOL
Sounds tough Dave. I found out I had ADHD last year so it's been interesting knowing what's been holding me back all my life. tile has got easier in some ways but it's frustrating noticing when I've messed something up due to it - usually impulsive decisions I've not thought through or being hasty and saying to myself 'that's fine that'll do' when I should've spent a bit longer getting it right before moving on to the next thing. And usual waking up and getting motivated problems. I'd say with your son use the carrot not the stick! 5 minutes of concentration is better than 1. Are you in Broughty Ferry? I'm Glasgow.
Not quite morning now!...
I haven't worked since the week before Christmas now, having asthma during a pandemic that primarilly affects your breathing quickly sorts out your priorities!
Trying to home school our 15 year old son who has ADHD with a 5 minute attention span...
If I had hair, I would have torn it all out already!
Trying to stay sane and not hit the bottle! LOL

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds tough Dave. I found out I had ADHD last year so it's been interesting knowing what's been holding me back all my life. tile has got easier in some ways but it's frustrating noticing when I've messed something up due to it - usually impulsive decisions I've not thought through or being hasty and saying to myself 'that's fine that'll do' when I should've spent a bit longer getting it right before moving on to the next thing. And usual waking up and getting motivated problems. I'd say with your son use the carrot not the stick! 5 minutes of concentration is better than 1. Are you in Broughty Ferry? I'm Glasgow.
Welcome to the forum mate! Have a cousin with ADHD and a bunch of other things, opposite defiance disorder is a funny one, tell him don't go climb on that shed roof and he can't stop thinking about climbing on it and only gets it out of his system when he's standing on it.

Weather is minging here again.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have them on mate. But a few very steep banks in Teesdale that would require 4x4.
I can imagine it mate.

We have a sportage 4x4 with lockable diff but nothing problematic where we live so we go out find trouble usually (when you're allowed). Nearest is Derbyshire where the police kept telling people off for going so we daren't go lol

Wouldn't fit all the big cutters in it these days mind so no good for tile.

You'll have to tell customers up them hills to sort their tile out on a sunny day eh? lol

Reaction score
Thought I'd create a new Good Morning thread, that could not only be a nice Good Morning every day, but perhaps a bit of a support thread too. Some of us lads (and ladies) perhaps might be going through some really hard times right now. Kids being out of school mostly, jabs not coming quite yet, that kind of thing.

So tomorrow, we'll crack on with this new Good Morning Thread that's actually a bit of a daily discussion thread while people are at home perhaps. Or just need somebody else to talk to as facebook numpties are struggling a bit.

There's a Men Unite facebook group that's good and you're struggling with life at the moment.
Just search Facebook or Google for Men Unite.

I don't use ANY social media myself I think they're all dodgy data collection companies doing bad things that wont last forever. But that's just my opinion from being in the industry I guess lol (NB - We collect nowt and certainly share nowt here on TilersForums)

So here we go, perhaps tomorrow morning you guys could show your support for each other and the forum by trying to help me get this morning thread going.

Thanks in advance. :)

PS. Tilers who are new to the forum, but are still a bit under the radar, this is your time to shine. There are no cliques on this forum, they've all sodded off. So everybody here is equal, kind, and we know there are a lot of knowledgeable people reading and perhaps being a bit put off from posting.

Crack on with it. Post away.

A simple Good Morning, or a long post telling us about your day. It's all good. :D
Sitting on my arse a bit more than usual, due to cancellations, but got the bairns homeschooling down to a T
Geography =
Where will we make the pitch?
Maths =
Straight edges, tape measure and set square out of the van, Mark a pitch.
Art =
Line marker spray from screwfix
Technology =
Make a goal out of waste pipe
History =
Recreate David platts on the turn volley in 1990!
P. E =
Kicking about with the bairn.
English =
Write down how many " new words" you learned every time dad "nearly" nailed it!

• Winner
Reactions: Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CLOSED NOW - Morning Thread (and General Daily Discussion - Certainly during COVID) in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock