Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New Floor to deal with. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

Ste218

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all, I run a cleaning business and one of my clients has just had a new non-slip floor laid in the Kitchen / Toilets.

They are tiles but have a texture like sand paper. Being a factory they have become black very quickly with grime, scuff marks, water marks and spillages from drinks etc.

Now the boss is not really bothered about the floor to much as long as the kitchen / Toilets are hygienic but seeing the floor like this does not sit well with me. The floor like I said is non slip so i was wondering if anyone has an tips on the best cleaner to use on this floor. I use a rotary machine on the floor with Red pads and it does look better but I would like to know of a good cleaner to use cause the toilet cubical can only be hand scrubbed so don't look as good as the rest of the floor with the power of the machine.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i used to run a soft drinks factory in a previous life where some fo the fooors there were non slip textured floors. with there being plenty of sugar sysrup about it was important to keep it clean to stop mould and yeast growth. we used to use rotary cleaners for the main parts but the textured parts the only thing that really seems to work was steam cleaning weekly, jetwashing daily with ionic surfactant cleaner and an industrial aquavac.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As above .I would test the intensive cleaner or similar specific alkaline based cleaner, test at 1-3 . Apply on 4 tiles for test , leave 8-12 mins scrubbing every 1-2 mins rinse and repeat if req.
Do you have a nylon brush set for the rotary, this may be better than a pad as the pad will skip across the high points, also do you have an extra horse shoe weight to give further downward pressure , this could also help.

Reply to New Floor to deal with. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock