Discuss New Feature: View whos read a thread in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We've had this before, thought I'd enable it for a bit.

We have a shed load of members who have stepped back and become lurkers. Not sure why, but they're reading all the threads and not replying to any. Thought I'd enable this feature to show you how some threads attract hundreds of readers and only a few replies.

If there's anything I can do to help you post, let me know. :)

Upvote 0

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello mate. :) @Bri reads every single thread and never replies I've noticed too. :(

Come on bri we miss you.

Parky

-
Reaction score
I read loads as the advice is fantastic. Iv only posted once asking for advice on a particular tiling course and it didn’t get any replies, Im gonna go for it though. This makes two posts now!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
since the mass exit of the regular posters the, most common threads on here are either ' is my tiling bad'.....or.....'I'm fed up with my job and want to become a tiler'...
it's all getting a bit Samie now, I'm afraid to say....

Parky

-
Reaction score
I guess mine was partly on that subject. Its not so much that I hate my job but I’m in the forces and after 22 years we are forced to find a new career which is why I was asking if anyone had any experience with the tile training company.

T

Time's Ran Out

I read loads as the advice is fantastic. Iv only posted once asking for advice on a particular tiling course and it didn’t get any replies, Im gonna go for it though. This makes two posts now!

This is a bit of an issue really imho!
It’s difficult to pass comment on any particular course if your an experienced Tiler and we have been known in the past to be a bit negative.
There is obviously a need for Tiler training and the feeling I have is support the training establishment who support this forum - there is a section on training feedback.
Good luck

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
since the mass exit of the regular posters the, most common threads on here are either ' is my tiling bad'.....or.....'I'm fed up with my job and want to become a tiler'...
it's all getting a bit Samie now, I'm afraid to say....
Mass exit. You mean Andy lol

It's always been about the tiling here mate.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Mass exit. You mean Andy lol

It's always been about the tiling here mate.
Andy the tiler
local tiler
impish
John benton
plan tec
pcj
widler
that's just off the top of my head.!
yes some are still here, but like you said there not posting, I'm not even posting as often, TBH there's only so many times you can say.....yes your tilings crap, and go work with another tiler to get experience.

plus, I honestly think you have alienated alot of old members with your attitude and it's being shown in the lack of posting...

I do hope a new group will come through to make this place great again ....

And bwt you did ask why there was a lack of posting and alot of lurking, I'm just telling it how I see it, I could be wrong, probably I'm wrong, you got all the data, but to me it definitely seems quieter on here.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Andy the tiler
local tiler
impish
John benton
plan tec
pcj
widler
that's just off the top of my head.!
yes some are still here, but like you said there not posting, I'm not even posting as often, TBH there's only so many times you can say.....yes your tilings crap, and go work with another tiler to get experience.

plus, I honestly think you have alienated alot of old members with your attitude and it's being shown in the lack of posting...

I do hope a new group will come through to make this place great again ....

And bwt you did ask why there was a lack of posting and alot of lurking, I'm just telling it how I see it, I could be wrong, probably I'm wrong, you got all the data, but to me it definitely seems quieter on here.
Half of them still have accounts lol hardly a mass walk out mate.

There's usually more to it than meets the eye.

A lot got upset about losing a tag, one verbally abused me midway a thread I never saw, others family issues.

Not always me. Nowt queer as folk.

Wesley

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Being a new member and new tiler, I recently posted a thread asking for views about tools, specifically views on the husq ts230 wet saw. It’s not always easy at the beginning to find a lot of money for more expensive equipment, so was looking for some thoughts / experiences of more experienced people. I did get a single (useful reply). But if I’m being honest I did expect a few more views - positive or negative about my investment . Are some of the more established members getting picky about which threads they want to respond to ?. New members need help & guidance...at times, before investing hard earned cash. 😅

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Being a new member and new tiler, I recently posted a thread asking for views about tools, specifically views on the husq ts230 wet saw. It’s not always easy at the beginning to find a lot of money for more expensive equipment, so was looking for some thoughts / experiences of more experienced people. I did get a single (useful reply). But if I’m being honest I did expect a few more views - positive or negative about my investment . Are some of the more established members getting picky about which threads they want to respond to ?. New members need help & guidance...at times, before investing hard earned cash. 😅
It seems that way mate yeah.

Reply to New Feature: View whos read a thread in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks