Discuss New DIY geek needs underfloor heating in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Skinnyindian

Really enjoy DIY. So much so that I am finding new things to do even if they don't need it.

Joined this forum to see if I could discuss how to make my own underfloor heating for laminate flooring or if I buy a mat, 500mm X 600mm.

T

Time's Ran Out

Try electricians forum ?
Personally wouldn’t touch anything to do with electrics, not worth saving £40 to potentially killing the next owners of your property.

S

Skinnyindian

Try electricians forum ?
Personally wouldn’t touch anything to do with electrics, not worth saving £40 to potentially killing the next owners of your property.
Sorry it was late and I didn't read through it! I wanted to know if buy a kit can I change it to fit such a small space? Else I will end up heating under the toilet pedestal, the saniflow and the cupboard for the pipework. 500 X 600 is the space which is open for use.

T

The Tiler

you can get loose wire kits to fit an area of 1m2. The wires maybe able to be put closer together to fit your smaller available floor space. Check with the supplier if they recommend doing this when you order

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
500 x 600?!

:tearsofjoy:

Just light a tea light.

You don’t use standard UFH with laminate, you use the Foil back stuff. Wrong forum for this really.
A standard UFH Cable or Mat can be used with Laminate. As long as the cables are encapsulated in a 8-10mm Flexible SLC.

Sorry it was late and I didn't read through it! I wanted to know if buy a kit can I change it to fit such a small space? Else I will end up heating under the toilet pedestal, the saniflow and the cupboard for the pipework. 500 X 600 is the space which is open for use.
Unfortunately for a 0.3m2 area there is nothing we can provide and nothing I know that our competitors provide either unfortunately :(

W

Waluigi

A wet underfloor heating system can also be used with Laminate but I really don’t think this is what the OP is suggesting.

T

The Tiler

was my understanding, 10mm encapsulated and cover over heat source, be it wire or water pipe for wooden flooring

S

Skinnyindian

A standard UFH Cable or Mat can be used with Laminate. As long as the cables are encapsulated in a 8-10mm Flexible SLC.

Unfortunately for a 0.3m2 area there is nothing we can provide and nothing I know that our competitors provide either unfortunately :(
Thank you for checking! Back to the drawing board.

S

Skinnyindian

A wet underfloor heating system can also be used with Laminate but I really don’t think this is what the OP is suggesting.
I wanted to know if there was a system which I could utilise in such a small space as it does get quite cold in there. Everything is factory built and I am not sure it can be altered or shortened in any way. Would have used electrical if there was a chance that I could simply cut it down to the size I needed. Perhaps pipes could work. Will check plumbing and sizes to see if can indeed use them.

Reply to New DIY geek needs underfloor heating in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks