Discuss Need some experience (Starting Tiling Course) in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello traders. I shall be starting a new intensive NVQ Lvl 2 tiling course in June which will last 8 weeks. This will also include plastering and mosaic and Victorian tiling.

I'm currently am looking for some experience or just to help out someone with labour. I'm currently living in South London but able to travel across all of London.

If anyone can help with some experience either now, or after my course it would be appreciated. Any further questions about me feel free to message me or ask for my contact details p.

Thank you, Jamie

T

Time's Ran Out

Welcome @Jamie Keenan - check with the course you are going on but I doubt if you will receive a NVQ level 2 after an 8 week course. Enjoy it anyway.

Reaction score
Hello Jamie & welcome
But as John mentions very unlikely that its will be a NVQ level 2 because you have to be assessed on site for 20% of the qualification & you will also be cramming plastering, mosaic & Victorian tiling as well I know you said it's an intensive course but how intensive is it.
I deliver a Level 2 diploma 3 days a week over 18 weeks which is 324 guide learning hours which are are quite rigid unless you have prior experience.
but by all means Jamie good luck in your new adventure

Reaction score
Hello Jamie & welcome
But as John mentions very unlikely that its will be a NVQ level 2 because you have to be assessed on site for 20% of the qualification & you will also be cramming plastering, mosaic & Victorian tiling as well I know you said it's an intensive course but how intensive is it.
I deliver a Level 2 diploma 3 days a week over 18 weeks which is 324 guide learning hours which are are quite rigid unless you have prior experience.
but by all means Jamie good luck in your new adventure

From reading the details, it's 5 days a week 8:30-4:30 I understand that to complete it would require on site evaluation. So during this time I'm trying to sort some labouring or just observation work and hopefully start something as soon as the course is completed. I appreciate the advice. Thank you

Reply to Need some experience (Starting Tiling Course) in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks