Discuss Need ideas for rearranging ensuite. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

average

TF
Reaction score
Please see rough sketch. My ensuite is 2x2 m with the door opening into the left into the room. I have a 900x900 quadrant shower with an electric shower. Sink on same wall. Where the toilet is, that's the exterior wall. Window above toilet. All walls and floor tiled!

I'm going to revamp it all. Add a thermostat shower along with the electric shower and maybe keep this on the same wall where the shower is now. Instead of kangooing into the wall, I might just batten it out, and either cement board or plasterboard for tiling. The battened wall will help for my new floating sink if I install it on this wall.

My question is, I am thinking of changing the layout but f where everything is. Naturally I'll have to keep the toilet on the same wall however it could be moved to the left or right some. I have a 1500x900 insulated wet tray for under the floor tiles that I'll be installing and a toughened glass screen.

What I don't want is to install this in away that the screen is going to be very intrusive and in the way.

All options welcome and would anyone have any pics of similar size ensuites/shower rooms for reference.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20220109_221248518.jpg

Cherie

-
Reaction score
I'd put both toilet and sink on same wall. Leave you room to have any shower. Especially with a floating vanity, if room shift over toilet or in wall, well the holder and flange are in between the studs.

average

TF
Reaction score
I'd put both toilet and sink on same wall. Leave you room to have any shower. Especially with a floating vanity, if room shift over toilet or in wall, well the holder and flange are in between the studs.

What do you mean by leave you room to have any shower?

Tge wall is 2m wide. If I leave the sink on same wall I'll still have room for a 900 wide shower wet tray. I can even cut it down to 850mm to gain another 2 inches. Maybe even take 100mm of the 1500 length of the wet insulated tray to give me 1400 length..

Reply to Need ideas for rearranging ensuite. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks