Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss need help regarding starting a small tiling business when im back from the rigs... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys...

I work offshore so I am away for 6 months of the year, the other 6 I have at home. I was thinking about tile as a second job. I live in the Tayside region.

I tiled a bit when i left school for maybe 6 months then I stopped. I have tiled my own kitchen, bathroom etc and although I need to learn a lot I am confident I can become really good. I also enjoy it so it seemed to me the correct way to go.

I was wondering how the market is at the moment with regards to the recession. Is there still money to be made in my area?

I have a friend who is a tiler. would it be wise to ask him if i could labour for him and learn from him or should I take the knowledge I have and dive straight in whilst learning all I can from this website?

any other recommendations and help is greatly appreciated.

OP
S

suave

Re: need help regarding starting a small tile business when im back from the rigs..

ad go out and labour for your friend if a was you,and learn that way,its a second job after all g/luk

OP
I

Ian

Re: need help regarding starting a small tile business when im back from the rigs..

You'll learn all the basics from a 2/4/6 week course, do one of those and then go and labour with your mate to gain some experience, oh and most importantly, stick around on here, we can solve all the tile related problems :thumbsup:

OP
N

NorthSeaTiger

cheers guys...

i'll contact my mate and see what he says... id happily labour for him for nothing just to gain experience. money isnt an issue at the moment so i can get plenty tools etc.

i'll probably have a lot more questions but for the mean time thansk for your replies.

OP
T

tfs

the m ore experience the better. I think you should help out your mate and pick upas much as you can from that

Reply to need help regarding starting a small tiling business when im back from the rigs... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock