Discuss Need advice on leveling bed (Quick!!!) in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
0E6E0D54-A052-49BF-94C5-EEF9117CCDBF.jpeg
Hello everyone, Happy Thanksgiving!

I am a general contractor in South Florida and have a new crew installing a patio floor. Note the patio floor has uneven terrazzo, at ton of prep work needed, definitely not a easy job. One layer of terrazzo on top of another. 90% of the top layer was removed. There were some plumbing patches in the slab. My tile contractor has installed a leveling bed of Laticrete 252 on top of the terrazzo. I have concerns as this is the wrong product for the job. Typically I am used to self leveling or a mortar bed. Never seen someone make soup of 252 and use it as a leveling bed. Definitely know this goes against the manufacturers recommended installation methods. Will this last or is garbage? Looking for advice whether or not to pull the plug with this tile con and move on to the next one. Your thoughts?

Reply to Need advice on leveling bed (Quick!!!) in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks