Discuss Natural slates onto concrete blocks in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mikrt

Hi forum,

I'm about to fix 20 M2 of natural slate tiles, 300mm x 300mmx 10mm onto standard concrete 4" blocks internally.

I got the slates at a good price, but the seller is trying to get me to buy primer and adhesive off him as well.

I may well need them, but thought I'd check with the experts first.

Adhesive is Ultra Tile ProRapid RS and primer is Ultra Tile Prime IT FP Flexible Primer. I know I need adhesive, and this seems OK, but would I need primer too? The adhesive is cementitious so don't see the need for primer with concrete blocks.

While on the subject, should I seal afterwards also? They'll be in a stairwell so won't be getting wet or wear & tear.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's doomed. Natural stone direct to concrete blocks is not a good idea. Line with backer board or plasterboard

Reply to Natural slates onto concrete blocks in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks