Discuss MSI limestone Pavers - brown stains after washing in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MC3

Hi guys, I’m new to anything building and construction related. I paved my backyard with MSI’s Freska Limestone pavers about 11 months back and noticed that it had started to discolour/stain in some parts. I read that a dilute bleach solution could help to clean stains on limestone and so I set about washing the backyard. It looked great when I had just done it (still I didn’t get the brown stains I originally wanted to get out). The next morning I was horrified to see brown stains emerge over the most part of where I had washed. The areas further out where I had not used any bleach didn’t seem to have the stains but I also didn’t spend as much time washing. I don’t know what caused this - trapped moisture or the bleach. I’m inclined to think it was the bleach but I didn’t use much bleach at all. The area showing these stains also happen to be paved over concrete - the rest of the area is paved on dirt and didn’t have any stains. I attached a picture here in case it helps. Can anyone give me pointers if this can be fixed?

DBEDD4D2-4A0E-4653-82E3-BB07D10C7156.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to MSI limestone Pavers - brown stains after washing in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks