Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Movement joints 2000 m2 shopping mall in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

H573

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Everyone,

Hope all’s well.
I’ve been asked to do 2000m2 of floor tiles on a shopping mall here. I haven’t done anything even near this size before.
As yet I don’t know what tiles, substrate etc. Will find out later this week.
Regarding movement joints it’s my understanding they should be laid every 8m is this correct.
Any other advice re setting out etc will be much appreciated.

Thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

It will not be up to you to establish movement joints and set out!
As long as you know how to fit them all will be via instruction.
Projects of this nature are all pre planned and included in specifications.

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
It will not be up to you to establish movement joints and set out!
As long as you know how to fit them all will be via instruction.
Projects of this nature are all pre planned and included in specifications.
Cheers John much appreciated

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
Do you have employees to work for/with you . There may be a timescale with a penalty clause
No, I’m a one man band, if needed I could maybe get a few local tilers to help.. I’ll find out more tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up though

S

Spare Tool

Big Job...even fixing at 20/30m a day there's 2-3 months hard graft on your own there, good luck.. :thumbsup:

Balloo

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Architect will decide all , we had 10000 m2 at hallywell jones BMW factory in Chester and 400000 in Danbury mall Connecticut few years ago and there was 12 tilers in our squad, after I swore id never do anything like that again its on your knees every day .
I was alot younger then and good health .
TBH theres alot to be said for simple private work they make you a cup of tea and cookies .
Good luck sincerely

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
Architect will decide all , we had 10000 m2 at hallywell jones BMW factory in Chester and 400000 in Danbury mall Connecticut few years ago and there was 12 tilers in our squad, after I swore id never do anything like that again its on your knees every day .
I was alot younger then and good health .
TBH theres alot to be said for simple private work they make you a cup of tea and cookies .
Good luck sincerely
Cheers Baloo, yeah I’m not getting any younger myself.... it should be interesting

Reply to Movement joints 2000 m2 shopping mall in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock