Discuss Mosaic tiles tips please? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all. Is there a knack to minimise adhesive coming through the gaps between small mosaic tiles when applying them to the wall?
I’ve done my first one of this size and I’ll end up spending more time, with a trowel, scraping out adhesive between the cut lines than I will doing the rest of the bathroom!
Should I be putting the adhesive on the wall or the tiles or both? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
What thickness are the mosaics? 4mm trowel is usually OK.

Thanks for the reply PDC, they are 8mm thick and I have some of those “MosaicFix” plastic backing mesh things which are about 1mm thick. My thinking was that it makes the tiles easier to handle and the thickness then matches my other 9mm tiles.
[automerge]1563381887[/automerge]
Ok so I need a 4mm trowel then. I think the one I have is 6mm. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
[automerge]1563381978[/automerge]
Thanks to all.
[automerge]1563539183[/automerge]
I’m having trouble getting my hands on a 4mm notched trowel without ordering online. Is this “Tilerite V notched economy “ trowel suitable for mosaics? Will it leave enough adhesive on the wall?
[automerge]1563539429[/automerge]

Attachments

• CC6E05A4-418A-4E01-9126-4C48CF87BB06.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Reply to Mosaic tiles tips please? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks