Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Mosaic tiles - should I stick loose tiles back to the mesh before fitting? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

I have some 5cm x 5cm ceramic tiles to be fitted to a bathroom wall. I have removed a few of them from the mesh backing because of slight damage, & also the spacing is out on a few of them (no time to order replacements!). Out of about 65 30 x 30cm sheets to fit, there is maybe 1 tile loose from about half of the sheets.

They are going to be fitted professionally, my question is whether I should try to stick replacement tiles to the mesh backling before fitting so that the tiler has complete sheets to work with rather than fiddling about with loose tiles. If so, what type of glue should I use?

Many thanks in advance for any replies!

OP
S

Scott

I'd be inclined to leave them out and fit them at the time, im sure the tiler would appreciate you sticking them on!

Reaction score
Hi Suz,

I wouldn't worry about sticking the odd tile back on to the mesh, it is easily done by your tiler anyway, it won't take more than a few seconds to apply adhesive and pop them back in place. :smilewinkgrin:

OP
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Suz,

I wouldn't worry about sticking the odd tile back on to the mesh, it is easily done by your tiler anyway, it won't take more than a few seconds to apply https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and pop them back in place. :smilewinkgrin:

Ditto:thumbsup:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Same as above, leave them off and your tiler will sort them out, as for spacing irregularities, this is quiet common, and a curse :incazzato: spent many an odd hour sorting spacing issues out by stanley and spacers :oops: :mad2:

OP
M

mikethetile

Same as above, leave them off and your tiler will sort them out, as for spacing irregularities, this is quiet common, and a curse :incazzato: spent many an odd hour sorting spacing issues out by stanley and spacers :oops: :mad2:
tell us about it

and removing chipped mosaics

OP
S

suz

Brilliant, that saves me the job of sticking them back on!
Thanks all for your replies :smiley2:

Reply to Mosaic tiles - should I stick loose tiles back to the mesh before fitting? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock