Discuss mosaic on the floor. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
got to fit these on a bathroom floor...

20200117_125831.jpg

would you use the mosaic packers with them...?....just a bit concerned about getting full coverage...
[automerge]1579266330[/automerge]
and if things couldn't get worse....
these are the wall tiles...

20200117_130321.jpg

:(

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
no it's not the floor, still got to put the Hardi down...
do you think there would be a problem using the sticky backing sheets with them..??

O

Old Mod

do you think there would be a problem using the sticky backing sheets with them..??

sticking to Hardie you mean Andy?
To be honest, I’ve never used them mate.
If you’re worried about bond strength Andy, get a couple bags of Isomat AK25 mate.
It’s a brilliant white, standard set S2, it’s brilliant gear, mix half a bag and it’ll easily last 4/5 hours in bucket, just spin it up again if it gets sticky.
I lay all my floors with it now, and it’s been excellent.
Had one builder moan like hell cos he decided to move doors and cut thresholds back, he couldn’t get pieces up, had to Use small breaker to remove them.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I sometimes use the sticky sheets when doing feature panels with mosaics, it does make life a lot easier, but never used them on floors though.
I think I would hardie the floor then latex and tile without them.

D

Dumbo

To be honest andy I find those a pain when you are using interlocking sheets as you get tile over lap and underlapping of sheet , offer on up and you will see what I mean .
I would as marc says latex on top of the Hardie as joints could show through where you tape . If the floor is prepped well it's easy to drop them in , place the edge on the last tile and drag into position them just lay it down

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I wouldn't use those backing sheets on floors, just something else to worry about de bonding. Doubt they would be suitable for foot traffic going on them anyway as it would be half glue from them holding them down with little adhesive making contact through them

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I believe these are made by Beava.

Reaction score
Hi Andy, I have used these and I would only ever use them on walls to help prevent slippage.
When you look at the area of the back of the mosaic panels the self adhesive mesh panel covers a good percentage of the area, probably more than 50%, so you're not getting a great deal of adhesion from your adhesive. Obviously on a wall where the worst case scenario of forced movement would be someone wiping it down with a squeegee its not an issue however, on a floor with weighted foot traffic and forced movement I personally wouldn't take the risk. Your call though.

Reaction score
did a bathroom floor with same tiles befor christmas. they will be a nightmare if you havent done them before. we laid tile backer board glued and screewed then screeded with tilemaster level 30 then used a 3mm trowell. grouted in mapie white grout using a filling first grout, then 2 hrs later a second grout to get a fuller level finish

Reply to mosaic on the floor. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks