Discuss Montolit tile cutter won’t cut! in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

J

JDE bathrooms

I have just brought a montolit 125 p3, it cuts very well on most tiles but this one porcelain tile that’s quite thin (about 5mm) and lightly textured, it simply will not cut it, unless I pass through tile numerous times! Have also tried it on retired rubi cutter and that had no chance! Is there any reason for this, and are there some tiles on the market that just don’t cut very well ? It is a very brittle tile (more than most)

Adey1980

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
8,784 19
some tiles on the market are difficult to cut, I think with the 5mm thickness tile it might be best scoring the tile in the cutter and then using pliers to to crack the tile each end like the ones used in large format tiles?
Or try scoring then tapping the handle down on one end and turn rule around and do same for opposite end

J

JDE bathrooms

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
some tiles on the market are difficult to cut, I think with the 5mm thickness tile it might be best scoring the tile in the cutter and then using pliers to to crack the tile each end like the ones used in large format tiles?
Or try scoring then tapping the handle down on one end and turn rule around and do same for opposite end
The cutter is suppose to cut tiles up to 10-15mm thick so gobsmacked that has a problem with these tiles. They have a r10 rating so on the low end of the scale aswell. Been cutting thicker porcelain today with ease just so confused why it couldn’t cut them tiles thought it would cut literally any tile

Reactions
You can also try to score the tiles on the back (if it is smooth) instead on the textured front. For some large format textured tiles this method work!

Deleted member 38091

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,662 58 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
What is the actual problem , does it shatter , break off line .
A picture might help so we can understand better

Doozy

TF
Reactions
8 2
I have this cutter and to be honest, I've never been happy with the cut. It ends up staying at home most of the time and I revert to the grinder.

Did a job a while back on 120x120s and the blpke had just one spare tile. After a couple of very dodgy first attempts, I flirted it to be on the safe side.

It might be me, but I've had a go at various methods/styles of cutting and still haven't get there

Reply to Montolit tile cutter won’t cut! in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters | Large Format Cutters and Tools

Click here to support the forum/remove ads

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, we hope you find the tiling tools you're looking for. You're welcome to post a new thread yourself asking where the best place is to find the tool or cutter. Our forum members will do their best too find the best tool supplier for you, with the cheapest prices.

Finding Tile Cutters such as Rubi, Sigma, Riamondi and Montolit at the cheapest prices is one of the best investments you can make. The cutters you use will last for years, if not decades. So it's important you buy the right rail cutter or wet cutter right from the start, at the lowest possible price.

We also have a Electricians Forums and Electricians Tools advice. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.