Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Montolit or sigma preference? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I’ve always used sigma cutters and find them great , but I was at a show last week and got to try out the Montolit 73p with all sorts of tiles , from heavy textured to normal porcelain and ceramic tiles ! And to be honest I was very impressed! Anyone else on here have a Montolit , and if so what’s their opinion ! Not that I need another cutter but wouldn’t mind a fresh addition to the squad !

G

GoneGuy

I’ve always used sigma cutters and find them great , but I was at a show last week and got to try out the Montolit 73p with all sorts of tiles , from heavy textured to normal porcelain and ceramic tiles ! And to be honest I was very impressed! Anyone else on here have a Montolit , and if so what’s their opinion ! Not that I need another cutter but wouldn’t mind a fresh addition to the squad !
I have 3 models of montolits, 26p 63p 93p. I Also got the mosaic mat to use in my 63p to cut all sorts of mosaics.

I

Italy

a few months ago I tried montolit 125p3.
cutting tiles I have not found substantial differences, to montolit remains
always the problem of the metric bar for diagonal cuts.
every time you have to fix the red stop.
metric bar back is not like sigma, the actual measurement of the tip of the tile to the wall, in montolit must be fixed with the latch.
having said that, I do not buy montolit just because I'm used to change
the tile cutter every 4 5 years and reselling used montolit .... I would take home
little money.

O

One Day

I moved from montolit to sigma. Montys are very capable cutters but I found them to be a little more fragile and "numb" in the way they feel.
I still use my mini piuma with the mosaic mat though!

W

Waluigi

Yeah I have an old Montolit with the Mosaic Matt. I like the cutter but I’d think twice about buying another Montolit cutter. Apparently they replaced the handle design not that long after I bought mine. Thats disappointing for me. That’s all I use my Montolit for these days- Mosaics.

Reply to Montolit or sigma preference? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock