Discuss mono rail or dual rail cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

doug boardley

which do you prefer? not bothered about the make, just if you think a mono is better than a dual or vice versa:thumbsup:

R

Rich

Iv always used Rubis with twin rails but have recently bought a Genesis single rail cutter... Give me the Rubi any day. Would like to try a monti or sigma to see if I can get used to it.

Reaction score
My personal choice is, and always has been, Rubi twin rails - better vision and not as cumbersome as Sigmas, Montys:thumbsup:

But thats just because its what I started with and always used, so I can understand the Sigma lads saying the complete opposite:thumbsup:

W

White Room

Rubi was my first cutter and that is what I have become acustomed to, montolit would be one I would like to try

U

united

Dual rails for me, they are what I feel most comfortable with

Last edited by a moderator:
A

archibaldo

More important is the rail quality . single or double is the same if the precision is accurate . The rail rigidity and constant smooth slide is important . Important for me is the machine precision and constant rigidity over time . People with monorail knows the cutting line is exactly on axis every time so seeing is not so important .

J

Johnno

Purchased a Rubi years ago as everyone was banging on about them...thing lasted about 5 min..hated it & felt flimsy ...tried all kinds over the years but went back to sigma twin rail..guess it's what you feel comfy with

Reply to mono rail or dual rail cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks