Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Mitre L cut metro tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I'm not sure there gonna work Marc with the bevel of a metro ?

W

Waluigi

I must admit, I wouldn’t consider doing a mitre unless it was resin filled.

I wouldn’t want to think how long the mitring and resin filling would take though. Hopefully not too many linear metres to do.

B

Bill

I remember when we could buy pre mitred tiles - especially the Spanish makes. We still had to do a mitre for cuts though.

But most windows were set out for full tiles in imperial inches.....much easier with 6 inch tiles.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and new to tile in general. I'm in the process of tile the splash back in my kitchen with 50x200 mm glazed ceramic tiles and have been reading up on reinforcing the joint as it is a bit of a high risk area. I see from this thread and others that its a good idea to resin fill the joint.

Can anyone recommend a particular resin from say screwfix or similar as there are so many out there I am at a bit of a loss. Also, should I go for a 1mm joint on the corners rather than 2mm which I have used for the grout?

Any tips for a first-time DIYer much appreciated.

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have said, I'm referring to external corners with a mitre. I will be using a trim for the top edge of the splash back which is only 400mm high above the worktop.

I

Italy

I give up, I volunteer,
send me 2 packages of metros tiles,
I cut them all at 45 degrees
(the old ones called them jolly) while I eat a sandwich
at midday....:) :)

W

Waluigi

Sorry, I should have said, I'm referring to external corners with a mitre. I will be using a trim for the top edge of the splash back which is only 400mm high above the worktop.

Akemi Poly Soft Resin
Akemi colouring paste to achieve a colour match.

Use a diamond polishing block to sand back. You’ll need a few different grades of Pad.

If mixing in colours get the colour spot on before adding your hardener. Mix up a big batch of the desired colour and then take an amount away from the batch to then add to your hardener. The reason for this is to keep a consistent colour match. Also it’s good to have a colour match in case you need to infill areas.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Akemi Poly Soft Resin
Akemi colouring paste to achieve a colour match.

Use a diamond polishing block to sand back. You’ll need a few different grades of Pad.

If mixing in colours get the colour spot on before adding your hardener. Mix up a big batch of the desired colour and then take an amount away from the batch to then add to your hardener. The reason for this is to keep a consistent colour match. Also it’s good to have a colour match in case you need to infill areas.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!

I think we'll be going for a white grout and resin to match the tiles - keep it simple. I was kinda hoping there would be some pre-mixed colours available on the market for simplicity.

Reply to Mitre L cut metro tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock