Discuss Metros in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Fenman

-
Reaction score
Hi all, first time tilling with Metro tiles brick patten & have few questions to tilers.
1. Do you cut the shamfur off when starting so you have one even thickness on beads/splash backs?

2. External corners, mitre or cut bevel off for even thickness?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi all, first time tilling with Metro tiles brick patten & have few questions to tilers.
1. Do you cut the shamfur off when starting so you have one even thickness on beads/splash backs?

Thanks in advance!

1. Generally, when setting out you would start from the middle of the wall so you get even cuts at both ends, therefore cutting off the bevel.

2. You would have to be extremely good at tiling to mitre bevelled metros well, you wont be able to cut the top and bottom bevel off the tile.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
For a first timer you know a few terms !! Really every room is different !! And has different features and areas !! To me it sounds like either you or the customer has very specific expectations and I hope you can finish the work to those standards as a beginner! And the two things you speak of require very good setting out and tiling skill to carry out !!

Fenman

-
Reaction score
1. Generally, when setting out you would start from the middle of the wall so you get even cuts at both ends, therefore cutting off the bevel.

2. You would have to be extremely good at tiling to mitre bevelled metros well, you wont be able to cut the top and bottom bevel off the tile.

Fenman

-
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s. I have never tiled with Metro tiles but have done many bathrooms/kitchens tiling jobs in my 53 years in the building game.
This job is for myself, as now I have plenty of time on my hands being retired. 👍

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s. I have never tiled with Metro tiles but have done many bathrooms/kitchens tiling jobs in my 53 years in the building game.
This job is for myself, as now I have plenty of time on my hands being retired. 👍
53 years in the tiling game and you've NEVER tiled Metros?

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
If you got plenty of time then try take the bevelled edges off !! But metering corners can leave quite sharp edges especially on glazed tiles !! Goodluck

Fenman

-
Reaction score
If you got plenty of time then try take the bevelled edges off !! But metering corners can leave quite sharp edges especially on glazed tiles !! Goodluck
Thanks for that, exactly what i've done & beaded corners!

Reply to Metros in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks