Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Metro tiles around an internal corner. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OliSmi

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I'm taking on my first tile job in my utility room. Planning to just tile around the worktop area with metro tiles.

I know Metros arent the easy ones to start with but they are bought now so onward we go. Got all the tools and the tiles etc.
Started measuring out and had a bit of a confidence wobble regarding tile around the internal corner. I've centred the tiles. Aware I need to cut them down even on both sides etc.

However. When I cut the tile to fit on the back wall. Do I then flip the tile around and use the balance of the same tile to start 'around the corner'.
I'm guessing this will ensure the consistency of the length, and be more visually pleasing.
Is that how a pro would do it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm taking on my first tile job in my utility room. Planning to just tile around the worktop area with metro tiles.

I know Metros arent the easy ones to start with but they are bought now so onward we go. Got all the tools and the tiles etc.
Started measuring out and had a bit of a confidence wobble regarding tile around the internal corner. I've centred the tiles. Aware I need to cut them down even on both sides etc.

However. When I cut the tile to fit on the back wall. Do I then flip the tile around and use the balance of the same tile to start 'around the corner'.
I'm guessing this will ensure the consistency of the length, and be more visually pleasing.
Is that how a pro would do it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
It is to a certain degree but staff the tiles out and check cuts in opposite directions and if very small cuts , then you can adjust by an inch ir so to get a better look at all corners etc.

Reply to Metro tiles around an internal corner. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock