Discuss Metro Tile Beveled window trim corner problem in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Diz80

TF
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum so apologies if this has been raised before. We are having a bathroom reno but we are unhappy with the finish round the window and looking for suggestions. The trim as you can see from the photos just sticks out at the end. We have been told there is not a great deal that can be done as 1) we are using floor tiles on the windowsill so the trim size would need to be the same and 2) due to the bevelled metro tiles (20x10) the trim would need to be that thick.

Does anyone have any suggestions how we can get a better finish around the whole sill and especially the corners. Open to any suggestions... even if it’s to start again ☹️

B1D500BF-351C-4419-B9B4-0508E7CA4124.jpeg 55AF8BCD-401A-43B0-B67A-EE8FEF4A9731.jpeg E600FF3D-796B-4F62-98DA-433054325D2B.jpeg 08118FDE-61D7-4950-AA23-B74F5FE2C980.jpeg

S

Spare Tool

Could pack the metros out to depth of trim, take off the last two top border tiles either side of the window and extend the mitres till they are flush with the trims, mitre the returns into windows and pack out to depth required, either grout the gap at top or caulk and paint..

F

Flintstone

I think I would have mitred the metro tiles and just used trim on the sill or even mitre that too

T

Time's Ran Out

As all above really.
However looking at the Dado pieces I doubt if your ‘tiler’ could make a decent job of any mitres. They are chipped to hell, he hasn’t followed the half bond around into the window reveal and black trim looks terrible.
Would love to see other areas of the room.

Reaction score
You've got 3 separate thinknesse into the trim the floor tile and the metro tiles are different at the center compared with the beveled edge whatever trim is used it will be wrong on 2 the 3 thicknesses .mitering the sill is probably the best bet but it's also bad design I'd get rid of the floor tile on the sill myself.

Reply to Metro Tile Beveled window trim corner problem in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks