Discuss Metal tile trim in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Sb8594

-
Reaction score
IMG_20200902_124710.jpg

IMG_20200902_124701.jpg

Hi All

I'm looking for some nuggets of wisdom please.

I've used the plastic rounded edge trim before and got great results without much thought.

I've gone for metal square edged stuff this time and I can't figure out what to do here.

The left hand wall at the tap end of the bath is going to be fully tiled, but around the corner, where it's painted white, I was only going to tile half way up.

So the trim sits proud of the wall on the external corner to accommodate the rough edges on the bottom half. And the I guess I just have to deal with it sitting proud at the top, where the wall is painted. Unless anyone has any clever ideas?

Thanks a lot

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Trim full height flush with corner,- half height return -,fit separate ,so as back to back trim on edge and also trim top edge. (See how that looks, if you get what l mean.)

Sb8594

-
Reaction score
So I'd have double trim at a 90 degree angle to each other on the bottom half?
[automerge]1599163756[/automerge]
Ah, no. I know what you mean. Will try setting that up tomorrow. Perfect. Thank you 😁

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Aye that’s right, don’t know how it would look, try it out and see.

or you could try out , trim corner to half height, small shelf on top then continue trim above in line with corner.
[automerge]1599164240[/automerge]
So I'd have double trim at a 90 degree angle to each other on the bottom half?
[automerge]1599163756[/automerge]
Ah, no. I know what you mean. Will try setting that up tomorrow. Perfect. Thank you 😁
Aye the trims would be back to back.

Reply to Metal tile trim in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks