Discuss Metal mosaics in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Q

Qwerty

Agreed, I've always used a continuous rim blade on anything metal mosaic. Are they just metal capped @timeless john ?

timeless john

Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
16,214 153 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No - solid bits of metal on a mesh background - all different thickness.
Tried one before I left the job today with a great porcelain blade. Hardly scratched the surface and the piece came off the mesh. When I picked it up it was very, very hot for a couple of minutes. They are so small ( like the old 1/2p piece that I may end up just grouting the edge in! Only half a piece shows at any edge.

Q

Qwerty

I have some Marcrist 850 Inox blades which are great for all metal tiles

timeless john

Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
16,214 153 1
Thanks so far!
Next - reading both the bags of adhesive Porcelanosa have supplied for this job Blutech One-flex+ and Blutech Super-one neither are suitable for metal.
So no metal mosaic today!
Fitting their Butech anti cracking mat for 43m2 of more planks instead.
So your preferred adhesive (non slip) for metal mosaics is .......

Thanks

F

Flintstone

Kerakoll biogel is probably a good bet, not sure if no limits is suitable ? If not there 'extreme'. A 1mm or .8mm metal cut off disc will make light work of it although if it's aluminium it will burr a lot. High heat build up with risk of discoloration

3_fall

Admin
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
27,122 92 2
Isomat s AK25 John, standard set S2
Even in this weather, if you spin it up now and again, easily get 3-4hrs pot life.
Or if you want bottle and bag their one is standard set too. Megalastic I remembered. :)
Post automatically merged:

......also :)
I believe Porcelanosa make a range of metal mosaic that are NOT designed to be cut, think it’s more designed to be a feature tile. Maybe worth enquiring John.

Last edited:

timeless john

Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
16,214 153 1
Today will decide.
@3_fall I believe these mosaics are that small that they won’t be cut.
And the best adhesive available to me up in the outer ranges of Tiling land will be -
FD53A546-980B-4784-A976-24E69637A1F7.png

Thanks everyone - if I can do a decent job I will post a picture.

02CD038F-52B9-44E1-8EAA-9FE7EF82E3C0.jpegEDAA68D2-25B5-478A-B37F-F5BCF5432961.jpeg

Lunch and half wall done.

9705C357-530F-48FB-9306-ABE6E3214946.jpegEF21CA42-CED0-44DE-960E-A1F86082C30C.jpeg

A few cuts to the ceiling then that wall is done.
Tomorrow a niche and grout the 1200x600 in.

Last edited:

timeless john

Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
16,214 153 1
A9711EF5-1791-404D-894D-8766D8B0866F.jpegB5E8C619-B5A8-478E-A8F5-CD2EEA903856.jpeg

Couple of pictures of the completed wall.
The joints opened up in a few places on the backing mesh and I didn’t cut any tiles!
So I mixed up some translucent epoxy with silver glitter and finger pointed into any gaps - got away with it. On top of getting paid off the builder, his customer supplied a £50 voucher to one of our favourite eateries as a thank you!
0F93AC79-3563-4165-A586-A4CABFBA24F1.jpeg

Voucher spent on Thursday!
Now where’s my next meal coming from?

Reply to Metal mosaics in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters | Large Format Cutters and Tools

Click here to support the forum/remove ads

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, we hope you find the tiling tools you're looking for. You're welcome to post a new thread yourself asking where the best place is to find the tool or cutter. Our forum members will do their best too find the best tool supplier for you, with the cheapest prices.

Finding Tile Cutters such as Rubi, Sigma, Riamondi and Montolit at the cheapest prices is one of the best investments you can make. The cutters you use will last for years, if not decades. So it's important you buy the right rail cutter or wet cutter right from the start, at the lowest possible price.

We also have a Electricians Forums and Electricians Tools advice. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.