Discuss metal mosaic tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

stephenoneill

okay gentlemen what is the best way of cutting metal mosaic tiles in your opinion;

T

tubs

Ceramic cutting blade on a grinder worked for me !!

721655d758c0d4c7d63d3eaed9f4e414_zps581b9c3e.jpg

ba91cba6167c523b4f7460e7ecd68db6_zpsd7948522.jpg

I

Ian

Usually metal mosaics are porcelain backed, with a metal cap about 3mm thick, I use a carbon blade (on a dremmel) to cut through the metal then, use a grinder to cut through the porcelain. Don't try to cut them wet as the water loosens the glue and the metal cap falls off.

S

stephenoneill

used the ceramic blade but it left a poor finish on the face of the tile and burnt it also the carbon blade left the same after i covered the face of the tile with tape cut again but their wasnt much difference ;what is the official technique recommended by the fabricators of these tiles;

I

Ian

I've tried to zoom in on the cuts at the top of these columns, not very clear but, I used the dremel on these.

zy4yta7a.jpg

era5u5ev.jpg

y5unabe9.jpg

ja4ynaba.jpg

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Never thought of using my dremel, good shout bri. I normally use one of ultra thin cutting discs on my grinder, they are 1mm thick or thin depending on your take. But it can be quite tricky with the grinder. Dremel may be the way forward.

C

Concrete guy

Do these have to be earth bonded in some manner? Particularly around the sockets?

Reply to metal mosaic tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks