Discuss Metal Capped Mosaic in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Regular wet saw blade is fine. Avoid slithers or the metal caps will come away from the ceramic and you'll need to glue 'em back on!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Also (depending on the finish on the mosaics) check your grout on an off cut - some scratch real easy, Mapei's fine grout was too scratchy but their super fine grout was okay.

O

Old Mod

Well if they're meshed backed, wet cutter wouldn't be advisable, it'll wreck the backing.
Last one I did I used a thin metal blade on a grinder.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've done 4 last year on mesh - they're fine. Another tip is the blade might burr the edge so after the cut just angle it into the blade to take it off

Q

Qwerty

Here is the last job I did using metal capped mosaics. Mapeiglitter grout which tried its hardest to scratch the metal! I had to cut the metal on the shower tray plinth, killed my ATS turbo blade by the end, but was worth it

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If you end up having to cut slithers the metal caps will come off no matter what you cut them with - most are spot glued in the middle.
Lovely bathroom that Plan tec.
This is a kitchen I did last year

20150424_133744.jpg
20150424_132730.jpg

Reply to Metal Capped Mosaic in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks