Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Max run out too to bottom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi the wall is flat but runs out gradually from top to bottom by 10 mm, can this be overcome through tile or does it need to be plastered
Thanks mark

D

Dumbo

Well it's a bit late now to ask about run out.
I think you are going to have to make it up with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ as plastering will reduce the weight carrying capacity . There is one thing could look at but I can't recommend as I don't know it's tech specs or have experience with it and that is ardex tilers render . But ideally you would of fixed the run out before putting on the ply . One last option over board again with jackoboard using the spot fixing method with additional screws and washers and build that out . .
If you just decide to build out on https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ make sure you don't exceed maximum permissible thickness of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok slightly confused , Hardie backer not fixed yet , so have option of pulling off osb board. Also have other bathrooms that need tile and their also out around 8 to 12 mm but plastered. Simple question is this an acceptable tolerance in regard to tile. Or dies it depend on how good the tiler is. Mr jcrtiling " sarcastic comments aren't helpful but taking the **** is acceptable"

Cheers mark

D

Dumbo

Ok slightly confused , Hardie backer not fixed yet , so have option of pulling off osb board. Also have other bathrooms that need tile and their also out around 8 to 12 mm but plastered. Simple question is this an acceptable tolerance in regard to tile. Or dies it depend on how good the tiler is. Mr jcrtiling " sarcastic comments aren't helpful but taking the **** is acceptable"

Cheers mark
It depends how fussy you are . To get the best possible finish you want the the best start after all riain bolt wouldn't best Johann Blake if he gave him a 1 second head start. . I would either knock of plaster and fix marmox or jackoboard as previously described or if you don't want to do that fix over the plaster . As regards stud you could take down osb and put furrings on the studs ,( tapered timber ) or I think I heard someone say they used the low expansion foam on the studs that can be used to fix plasterboard to walls and when its setting tighten the screws until it's perpendicular .

Reply to Max run out too to bottom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock