Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss matt tiles discoloured with black Mapei grout - steam cleaner shifts it in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi folks.

I had the bright idea of mixing discontinued B&Q metallic tiles with B&Q (Pilkingtons) Hot Rocks matte tiles in my kitchen.

After discovering they were about 5mm different in size, despite being nominal 100 x 100, the project went on the back-burner for years.

Recently I decided to get back to it and with some careful spacing lost the extra size of the Hot Rocks in the grouted areas.

Anyway my other brain-wave was to use black grout and it completely stained the matte tiles which are pale colours.

No scrubbing or cleaning would even touch it.

I then tried spraying them with steam-cleaner (little DIY Hoover brand one) and scrubbing at same time but still no good.

I then found to my amazement that if you just puff the steam cleaner at them it miraculously leaves a clean spot. Takes a long time to clean each tile but if you are desperate it's worth a try.

Am thinking once they are clean and I do more of the black grouting will coat all the matte tiles in craft glue then peel that off. this will hopefully prevent so much staining.

Or mb a different brand of black grout will behave differently

Reply to matt tiles discoloured with black Mapei grout - steam cleaner shifts it in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock