Discuss Marker pen stain on polished porcelain in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I was fitting a toilet on polished porcelain tiles, without thinking I marked the tile with a marker pen( non-permanent) and the mark will not come out. Any products that may get it out.

G

Gazzer

Its a long shot but white spirit or meths would be my thoughts. Failing that then remove and replace.

I

Ian

Wonder wipes is a good shout also, try a bath rubber, they have worked for me in the past.

J

jonnyc

I have a mate and ex employee who numbered the underside of stone cuts with non permanent marker and the numbers all came right through stone.he bought oxyclene crystals from supermarket and it worked very well..worth a go

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

good old domestas bleach leave untill its faded then wash with plenty of water then re seal

A

A&D Tilers

I had the same problem with felt tip pen. T cut and a fein tool on low power as a buffer. Got all the marks out.

D

David - Tradetiler

I made a poultice from kitchen towel soaked it in household bleach, left it on over night and worked a treat. (Don't use on natural stone, porcelain only!)

Reply to Marker pen stain on polished porcelain in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks