Discuss Marble floor tiles popped in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

R

Ryan walker

Unregistered (Please Register)
I tiled a floor with 300x600 marble tiles about 8 months ago .
I have just been called and told that some of the tiles have come loose .....
Im trying to assess if i am liable to sort it out at my cost .

The builder plyed over old floor boards and then stuck underfloor heating to the ply and then did a thick layer of self leveling ontop and waited for it to be fully dry for myself to tile . I do remember having to build up the adhesive slightly more one side of the room to keep the floor level.

I used flexible nicobond rapidset adhesive and flexible bal superflex grout.

OP
R

Ryan walker

Unregistered (Please Register)
No uncoupling membrane was used as it was the builder that set the floor up i just turned up and had a latexed floor to work with i assumed they would of done there job properly but now a problem has occured i have asked questions how they preped the floor

jcrtiling

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
TTA Member
What thickness ply did he use . Was it glued and screwed. But he shouldn't of done that anyway , my guess latex let go of floor . Also I agree with three previous replies

timeless john

Staff member
Subscribed Member
Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
Wood floor, UFH, self levelling, soft natural stone (marble) covering - no uncoupling membrane = problems!
Who is liable ........ whoever thought that fixing marble to a heated wood floor without an uncoupling membrane.
Sounds the same and sometimes you just have to walk away from jobs if your not happy with the preparation, but really you should have asked your questions of the builder before tiling 8 months ago!

TileBoom!

New to TilersForums.com
Wood floor, UFH, self levelling, soft natural stone (marble) covering - no uncoupling membrane = problems!
Who is liable ........ whoever thought that fixing marble to a heated wood floor without an uncoupling membrane.
Sounds the same and sometimes you just have to walk away from jobs if your not happy with the preparation, but really you should have asked your questions of the builder before tiling 8 months ago!
Thanks
I’m about to do a similar size job, and this kind of experience related & replied to is SO VALUABLE
This forum is literally worth a fortune!