Discuss Mapei WP 200 waterproofing and uncoupling membrane in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

J Sid

anyone tried it?
Waterproof and uncoupling membrane

my local CTD is selling it now. Special price for it at the moment of about £130 plus. Normal price £190 plus for a 30mt roll.
http://www.mapei.com/public/COM/products/2199_mapeguard wp 200_gb.pdf

WP_20170414_12_21_17_Pro.jpg

H

hmtiling

Have I just misread the pdf or do you have to use epoxy or grout with additive on this stuff? If so why?

R

Rookery

I've not seen it yet either but according to my local CTD it's coming soon. I'll give it a go, that's not a bad price compared to Ditra.

J

J Sid

recently use the Isomat waterproof and decoupler and loved it, about £4 a m2 more then Mapei.
don't think I'd be using it if I have to grout in expoxy.
will speak to my CTD manager, he wouldn't be sell much of it then

I

Italy

I understood: Eporip, is the mortar to close the cracks in the screed.
and the grout, it is possible with epoxy grout, or cement-based, with the addition of latex. (Fugolastic). Julian said that I am old, using latex.

I

Italy

of course, latex only where there is contact with water. example, showers.
a floor, I do not think I need latex.

O

One Day

Brown paper would uncouple!
Honestly, don't get all hung up on marketing.

My understanding is this - loads of different products will do loads of different jobs, many of which they aren't "meant" for, and in many cases it's just because the manufacturer hasn't paid for the required testing, or they don't want product A to reduce sales of their product B...

Reply to Mapei WP 200 waterproofing and uncoupling membrane in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks