Discuss Mapei with UHeat Ecoboard Queries in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spiralsmile

I have ordered Mapei Primer G to prime existing screed, Keraquick to bond eco boards to floor.

Now do I need to prime ecoboards with more Primer G or use SBR? I will the lay UFh cables and pour over some Mapei renovation screed to cover them.

Prime screed with primer G or SBR??

use keraquick to lay slate on...

Am i doing this right?! ( my bank holiday is already ruined!!!)

O

One Day

Don't prime them. They're uncoated.
Good luck screeding those!
Imagine a thin layer of levelling compound dried on a sponge?
That's what you're going to end up with.
I suggest you try not to walk or kneel on the floor as you tile.
Might be a good idea to get a decent sized piece of ply to kneel on as you work?

S

Spiralsmile

Impish,

As I understand these are closed cell boards which have a very low permability?

Thus they should be no worse than primed concrete for instance?

O

One Day

But they are very compressible - a thin layer of slc could quite easily break on compression and leave you with lots of small loose fragments and dust.
I've used them before. Once - and never again!
the job went off ok though ;-)

S

Spiralsmile

Uheat would want to be pretty careful so if they are quoting a Britishand European standard for their compressive strength!

S

SJPurdy

The celotex product is not equivalent it is (as I understand it) not designed to be tiled directly, but is intended for insulation underneath a heated screed. I am guessing from the question that the uheat stuff is.

Reply to Mapei with UHeat Ecoboard Queries in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks