Discuss Mapei white grout absorbing water in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi after some advice . Just finished the shower cubicle , used a Mapei white grout and the grout goes grey and absorbs water . After a while it dries out again , but this is not normal ? I have the same tile in my other bathroom but used a cheap travis Perkins 4 trade grout and had no problems . My builder insisted on using this ( he did the refurb ) a decent quality white adhesive was used Norcros , the wall was prepared with an acrylic primer . Just cannot understand why the grout is absorbing water like this ?

Attachments

• B540BBBC-B91C-42FD-8E49-FCDE7A334CBB.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
I’m worried if I seal the grout it may seal the wet colour in as I will be applying a liquid , and the darker colour ( when it gets wet ) may stay . I’ve not had this problem in my other bathroom with the same tile and white grout ( cheap 4trade one ! ) will never use Mappei again awful product .

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I’m worried if I seal the grout it may seal the wet colour in as I will be applying a liquid , and the darker colour ( when it gets wet ) may stay . I’ve not had this problem in my other bathroom with the same tile and white grout ( cheap 4trade one ! ) will never use Mappei again awful product .
If the grout is dry , then seal it won’t alter the colour. I sealed mine with lithofin stain stop.

Reply to Mapei white grout absorbing water in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks