Discuss MAPEI Ultracolor Plus Grout, efflorescence-free in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

Mapei Ultracolor Mixing Guide

Ultra_Colour_Mixing_Guide_02.jpg
Ultra_Colour_Mixing_Guide_01.jpg

S

Scott

Im having trouble with this at the moment. It goes really slack after about 10 minutes? So slack in fact it just slides off the float.

G

Gazzer

no problems here. I always have a 500ml empty drink bottle in with the tools. 2 of those to a 5kg bag and its perfect.

P

Prem Tiler

Fav grout by a mile but is it just me or dose every one else find the darker the grout the slower it sets?

S

Scott

Yes mixed as per instructions and left for 5-10mins. Start using and its fine then after about 10 more minutes is just goes to slop. I added more powder the other day to see what happens and it did it again after another ten minutes. Repeated the same process and it did it again. It was as if someone had added some water to it when i wanst looking! It did it on blanco 100 and 113 grey. Same room, same procedure, same paddle everything. Will try the FF next time it hink as i do find this a very coarse grout

S

Scott

Not a fan of swaying from manufactureres instructions but Ill give it a go and see how it is . Pain though as i just made the transition to mapei from ultra and now having problems.

D

DHTiling

The instructions say upto 1.3 ltrs of water.. if i put that much in it goes like pee.. so mix according to how you like it..

C

Ceramica Tiling

I love this grout,i knock it up as thick as. You can grout a area and leave it spottless before leaving the job because it drys in the joint so quick. Also find ardex fs just as good. Saying that I still use bal grout on ceramic . I find on the ceramics mapei goes off a bit to quick

C

Ceramica Tiling

It still will go off quick in ceramics because they are so porus. Say im doing a 4 m2 kitchen spashback with 100x100, the bal I can grout all 4m2 without the grout going fury in the joint then wash of all at once. Where i find the mapei i will do 1.5 then wash off even if wet . Glass ,porcelain without a doubt its got to be mapei

C

charlie1

It can sometimes go a bit slack, I think the reason for this is as you said its like someone has added water to the mix! If you give the tiles a final wash before you grout make sure you are not getting your joints full of water, I suspect this is what causes it. Make sure your sponge is only slightly damp, also do the same with washboy when wiping down.

T

turnstone

worst grout ever, first whats the the mixing about!!! after speaking to a rep at the stone show this year i came away more confussed. first do this then that then take a measuring jug with you a add just under a litre 0.95 to this then mix wait, stir again then your ready.I said after all that it would be time to pack me tools up!! my argument was why is mapai so differant then say , maxigrout from granfix, or even palace grout, with these you dont need a science degree to mix it up. second i can work with granfix easy, quickly and if it falls on the floor i dont need a hammer and chisel to get it , unlike mapei. I also agree with the threads it goes sloppy, and if you get any water on it while groutin its game over sloppy as WORD REMOVED. Do these companys ever talk to tilers and come and find out there oppinon before it comes out, or just listen to people in the scince depts creating this muck. sort it out!! moan over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to MAPEI Ultracolor Plus Grout, efflorescence-free in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks