Discuss Mapei to go into large stores?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

CBTC

I heard a rumble that Mapei were doing a deal with the likes of B&Q or similar to have their adhesives in store, under Mapei brand. Anyone seen this as yet?

W

White Room

My local B&Q still have unibond gear but have heard the rumour about Mapei, More staff training then if it happens:grin:

G

Gazzer

Its already in Trade Depot so who cares. You are not that likely to use B&Q for all adhesives and grouts even if it is Mapei but last week on Sunday the contractor were i was working was short of Anthracite grout,,,,would have been useful then. As long as Mapei dont compromise the quality of teh materials i see no problem....it will stil be cheaper at your local TILE dealer.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's brilliant news for Mapei, they're the UK's largest tile adhesive seller and have been for some time.

B

brian c

Thats what i thought,when did they start selling tiles:lol:

I heard this at the beginning of the year and i think i posted a thread about it.

D

DHTiling

Err!! mapei into B&Q was the thread beginning.....so B&Q are the biggest tile sellers was what he meant....think about it lads...:lol:

As for mapei into B&Q.. YES it's true.....the product is called 'buildfix' by mapei...

Buildfix Ultimate Showerproof Wall Tile Adhesive 15kg, 8022452042065

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brian c

cheers Dave,anyone used it,if so whats it like and how much is it?:grin:

just clicked on the link £19.98 ffs

B

Branty

Good prices. Do we know if they're actual Mapei formula's the same as products like Kerraquick?
I can answer my own question. No.
Did a bit of searching and got the answer.

D

DHTiling

Hard to say danny.....all i know is they have mapei logo on the packaging....Good move by mapei though...:thumbsup:

Reply to Mapei to go into large stores?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks