Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Mapei renovation screed primer in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hey guys

I've got a new, tampered concrete floor.

Not sure if I need primer before applying Mapei Renovation Screed

If yes, I've got a ton of SBR. Will this work?

The screed will be containing UFH pipes.

Thanks

ES

I

Italy

Screenshot (9)_LI.jpg

Q

Qwerty

As above, it's always best to follow manufacturers instructions and use the same primers. You could phone Mapei technical dept tomorrow and ask your question but I'm pretty sure they will stick to the primers listed above. They may possibly say that Primer G will suffice but to be honest your SBR will work and plenty here would use it with no issues. It does also depend if it is the correct type of SBR

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Yeah I had a good search of the forum and have seen plenty of people use SBR but just wanted to make sure as its my first time.

Its ever build brand Bonding SBR

O

One Day

I'd be happy using SBR. Diluted probably 3:1 as everbuild is quite diluted anyway.
Make sure you're not bonding dust though - vaccuum first.

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Like this ? 100mm celotex laid on the slab a polythene dpm laid on top the celotex and cut and taped expansion foam strip added all around the perimeter of the room and structures this one will have a flow screed pumped in to a 90mm thickness , please explain how your floor is being done em I missing something?

Screenshot_20190428-163550_Chrome.jpg

D

Dumbo

I dont know this as I am not familiar with mapei products but I think it's worth checking with mapei that 12mm over the pipes is sufficient ..

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Somethings not right here the make up of the floor is not one I have come across minimum cover is normally 75mm sand and cement screed or a pumped flow screed over the pipework , dont know how far you have got but a overlay system may be a better choice as attached you can tile straight onto it ? no need for slc , please check before carrying out any further work .

Screenshot_20190428-173852_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190428-175739_Chrome.jpg

OP
E
Reaction score
Yup.
See my previous thread on the topic.
The original plan was to have overlay boards and then tile on top but it turns out I've got 28-30mm space to fill between the tiles and concrete so I was recommended the mapei renovation screed.

Reply to Mapei renovation screed primer in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock