Discuss Mapei Renovation screed over loose wire UFH in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jimwilts

Hi all, first time poster here.

last week I laid loose wire UFH on top of cement insulation boards, and then laid mapei renovation screed over the top. I went back today, and all seems well apart from one area that has only just covered the loose wire and the tape that was holding the wire down. As a result this area of SLC has airlined on top of the UFH cable. The SLC has bonded well to the insulation boards.

Do you think I should lay another layer of SLC on top to completely bury the wire? Or is it OK to tile over the top?

BTW, I'm laying 30x30 gulf stone using mapei granirapid adhesive.

Thanks in advance
jim

Reply to Mapei Renovation screed over loose wire UFH in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks