Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Mapei Pallet Deals - Discount Tile Adhesive Prices Per Pallet in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
The pallet prices are excellent value however, unless you are on a big job and need these quantities please remember that these products have a limited shelf life and need to be stored correctly to avoid them spoiling.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Good advice.

I can imagine it being wise getting the rapid set grey and perhaps white in stock permanently and stock rotating properly. Pro tilers do buy 48 bags of the usual, well within the time limit of the product.

So why pay individual bag prices all the time? Seems daft. Not wise business sense if it is a lot cheaper buying it and stocking it. Perhaps take into account a shed then though that's frost-proof and whatnot. But surely would pay for itself quickly.

I didn't know if the prices are super good, or just alright.

Last edited:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You also have to bear in mind that if you buy bulk you have one sales receipt to process. You don't have to keep travelling to the tile shop to get bags of addy when you run out.

I keep a constant stock of mostly white flexible addy, a few bags of grey rapid, plenty of white grout and a few of grey. I also have a few sheets of hardiebacker and a couple of rolls of Ditra in store. Then there is the chrome trim 10mm (buy them by the 100).

I drive home and load up the car for the next day.

If there is a good deal on at CTD then I store even more!

I've been caught out though. White and cream 8mm & 10mm trim has fallen out of popularity so I now have a load of trim waiting for a home!

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You also have to bear in mind that if you buy bulk you have one sales receipt to process. You don't have to keep travelling to the tile shop to get bags of addy when you run out.

I keep a constant stock of mostly white flexible addy, a few bags of grey rapid, plenty of white grout and a few of grey. I also have a few sheets of hardiebacker and a couple of rolls of Ditra in store. Then there is the chrome trim 10mm (buy them by the 100).

I drive home and load up the car for the next day.

If there is a good deal on at CTD then I store even more!

I've been caught out though. White and cream 8mm & 10mm trim has fallen out of popularity so I now have a load of trim waiting for a home!

Is that a good price then do you know?

O

Old Mod

Pallet Deals - Adhesive & Grout

Keraquick Grey 20kg Pallet Deal- 48 Bags - Pallet Deals - Adhesive & Grout
Keraquick Grey 20KG Bags - 48 bags = £14.95 per bag. I assume plus the vodka and tonic (VAT) as it's trade, but not 100% sure.

Is that a decent price?

That incl's VAT

I pay £1.10 a bag more individually and I don't suppose that my price is that fantastic.
And I get it delivered to site for that price too.
So I'd save £52.80 and I'd have to store it, plus I have no space at home for that amount of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ unless it was going out next day or so.

O

Old Mod

And CTD is £15.59 a bag. Not delivered tho.
See CTD is cheaper than mine, but I haven't gotta store it or transport It!
So for me their price of £14.95 isn't exactly earth shattering :D
Mind u I don't use it often.

Reply to Mapei Pallet Deals - Discount Tile Adhesive Prices Per Pallet in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock