Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Mapei Eco Prim Grip for tile on tile job in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

melmak

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi. I am planning tile on tile job, by laying glass mosaic tiles on existing glossy tiles in the bathroom shower area. The materials I have bought are Mapei Eco Prim Grip, Mapei Aquadefence for membrane. I also tried to remove glossy surface with sanding machine (240 grit), but didnt notice any difference - the old tiles are still smooth and shiny. Today, I tried to apply the primer Mapei Eco grip for a couple of tiles, and afer a few hours I tried to remove it with a rag and some water. And it was gone. Is it supposed to be like this? I imagined it would stay even with application of water. Or am I doing something wrong? I really dont want to have the job done and then see the tiles to fall over the wall. Please advise. Thanks everyone.

OP
M

melmak

-
Reaction score
It is not that it is very easy to remove it. It stays on the tile wall but I can still scratch it off if I make the dried primer wet with a rug or if it is humid in the bathroom after taking shower. Is it supposed to be like this? Or afte being applied, it cannot be removed from the tile at all? I just want to make sure my mosaic tiles wont come off after some time. As to contamination, do not think it could be the reason - I cleaned them well.

OP
M

melmak

-
Reaction score
Thinking of roughing the surface of the tiles with angle grinder with a disc for steel. Do you think it would work?

Reply to Mapei Eco Prim Grip for tile on tile job in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock