Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Manual tile cutter needed in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Aye up people.
I’m new here so looking for advice. I have a few full bathrooms lined up and 3 of them have 600x600 porcelain tiles. I also have to tile to a linear drain so will have a few diagonal cuts. My trusted old manual Bosch cutter got bent so I now need a new one. Has any ever used the berg btc??? I’ve found they do a 900 at Screwfix but I can get a 1250 from amazon. This would help me with those few diagonal cuts but think could be too big for normal use. Anyone recommend a good sigma or alike. Cheers fokes.

D

Dumbo

I would recommend a sigma 3c3m 720 long but you may struggle on your envelope cuts depending on your layout.
I have done it before on a normal drain and tbh linear drain envelope cuts don't tend to be as diagonal as normal centre drains so could be ok .
You say you have a few full bathrooms coming up so i am making the presumption this is your work so you should be setting your sights higher than a diy cutter from screwfix as this will help with your work and make life easier.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks I thought @£300 it would be a half decent cut. It’s not my preferred work as being a perfectionist I take way to long getting my cuts and symmetry right. Add rectified tiles and 2mm contrasting grout it’s a nightmare.
Sigma doesn’t seem that much more so definitely worth a look. Cheers

OP
J
Reaction score
Just started on my 600 x600 porcelain wet room. Thanks for the advice. Got a sigma 900 max for £330 from a Doncaster Tile Depot. Fantastic bit of kit. Snapped them like a biscuit. 100% square straight out the box and with such a clean edge. Love the reverse working, with the measurements in front of you not having to knee either side of the runner, although every time I go to it I go the wrong side out of habit. Thanks again for the advice guys.

Reply to Manual tile cutter needed in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock