Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Malei Grout has dried in different colours in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

We are first time tilers, we finished laying the tiles last weekend and grouted them yesterday.

It is laid onto a sand and cement screen base which was laid around six months ago. We used 900 x 150 porcelain tiles and a mapai flexible https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. The room has never been used and is newly built so doesn’t have any damp or condensation problems.

we grouted it using Mapei grey flexible grout, followed mixing instructions/water ratio/electric mixing paddle and the grout has dried almost white in places but darker elsewhere. I’ve attached photos to try and show the colour difference (please be kind as we aren’t professional tilers)

We like the darker colour but the paler doesn’t look how we hoped. Is there any way of darkening it up without having to scrape it all out? The room is 27 square metres so there are a lot of grout lines.

3C98FF8F-AC2F-4278-A363-7DE67E252FF5.jpeg

423CDADE-3813-4FD9-9A9D-076790B96ED5.jpeg

D

Deleted member 54066

I happens when to much water is either used to wash of to quickly but more often water is left sitting on the joint after the wash of

OP
R
Reaction score
I happens when to much water is either used to wash of to quickly but more often water is left sitting on the joint after the wash of

that’s likely what I did then, I’ve seen mapai do a grout refresher/colour called fuga fresco. Does anyone have experience of this and is it likely to be suitable to darken it up?

D

Deleted member 54066

I'd give it an acid based wash, try it in a out of the way area first.

Reaction score
that’s likely what I did then, I’ve seen mapai do a grout refresher/colour called fuga fresco. Does anyone have experience of this and is it likely to be suitable to darken it up?

I've used the fuga fresca white. It's very good. Inexpensive and worth a try.

OP
R
Reaction score
Update: we used the fuga fresco and painted on with a tiny child’s paintbrush and really happy with the final result.

I mop the floor daily and after a couple of months the colour has remained consistent.

Reply to Malei Grout has dried in different colours in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock