Discuss LTP grout and cement removal on mosaics tiles with coloured grout.!!! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

John the tile

Any advice on using this stuff.

Ive read not to use it if you have used a coloured grout because of the acid. Ive used mapei ultra grey. The tiles are large tiles with rows of rectangular mosaics in them. They are stone effect with matt finish,.

There is a residue from grouting on the tile face like your normal surface dust all over them which will not come off. So as one of the other forum guys recommened this is the stuff which will work..

My concern is, if it causes problems with the coloured grout, then its not like I can just wash over the tiles with it, because there are grout lines everywhere..

ANy advice,

Reaction score
hi
ive used ltp grout stain remover alot and its great although it can lighten coloured grout, try a bit if possible in a spot that will be behind the toilet or sink or somewhere that will not be seen. i normally dip an off cut of tile in a bit to see if it reacts with the tiles aswell,usually leave it a while then wipe off and see if theres any change.
hope that helps

J

John the tile

thanks........ Do you dilute it with water then just sponge it all over...?

@whitbeam, where do you get the fila stuff from? tile giant aswell? ta

J

John the tile

ahh I found it at topps tiles.

It says it does NOT damage grout. Is this reliable info???

W

White Room

I've used it with different coloured grouts, never had a problem but used with Mapei ultracolour.

Reply to LTP grout and cement removal on mosaics tiles with coloured grout.!!! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks