Discuss Love my new Rubi - anyone want a Montolit manual cutter? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Horses for courses as they say.

Last year I got myself a Montolit P75 specially to cut those nasty porcelain tiles. Now I know there's a knack but darned if I could get it with the Montolit. :mad2: I ended up using a fairly cheap old Genesis cutter - which is now disintegrating. To sum up:

Montolit good - good price, hefty piece of kit, very robust, lots of extra features like double breaker, and adjustable pressure function. :thumbsup:
Montolit bad - could not get used to cutting style, no carry case (difficult to transport), difficult to source different types of cutting wheel for different tile cutting. :thumbsdown:

Rubi good - got a chance to practice under tuition from rubi rep, learnt different cutting styles for different tile types, it has a carry case (easy to transport), bought 8 and 22mm cutting wheels (to compliment free 10 and 18 with cutter) - wheel sizes do have an effect on how good a cut edge tile has, oh and it is robust and great looking bit of kit. :thumbsup:
Rubi bad - not cheap, although my TX-N was on offer. :thumbsdown:

Like I said, the choice of cutter is a personal thing (like choosing between a Makita or Bosch pro drill). But I learnt using the excellent but distinctly porcelain unfriendly Rubi TS, so I have always felt happier using the Rubi style cutters. :hurray:

Now if anyone loves the Montolit cutter style and wants a fairly new and unused P75, send me a message and we will negotiate a price.

A

Aston

love it andy........back to the rubi fold where you belong!

i did the same 2 years ago, changed to montolit. great cutters but it just wasnt the same. went back to tx700 and ts40

hope some one buys your cutter because if you like using a single rail cutter, then they are great!!

Reaction score
Dave - is that the grunt of a Montolit man??? needing another gorgeous single overhead camshaft, twin cylinder Montolit beastie??

A

Aston

come home dave, 25 years you were a rubi man. there in you heart ... heres a little trip down memory lane ;0)

[video]http://www.rubi.com/videos/playvideo.php?video=TX&idioma=ing[/video]

D

DHTiling

ED.. yes many yrs a rubi man.. Not a single member can tell me about a rubi cutter..

mmmmmmm we will see.

S

Spud

the new rubi tx are really good but the first series were not as good in my opinion good luck with your new cutter and whats a fair price for the montolit?

Reaction score
Couldn't be without my TX700N - best machine i've ever had:thumbsup:

And thats form one of the biggest fans of Italian Tiling tools:smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

Couldn't be without my TX700N - best machine i've ever had:thumbsup:

And thats form one of the biggest fans of Italian Tiling tools:smilewinkgrin:

I sold mine....
sad-012.gif

Reaction score
I sold mine....
sad-012.gif
Look, just lets get this over with Dave - you've dropped a clanger and you want a TX-N again.....:yikes::smilewinkgrin:

The first step to recovery is admission:thumbsup:

Repeat after me - 'My name's Dave and I'm a Rubiholic':lol:

Nobody will laugh at you mate, we're all in this together, just be strong, you're amongst friends and we will support you every step of the way:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Love my new Rubi - anyone want a Montolit manual cutter? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks