Discuss Looking for experience - Hampshire in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is David I am 32 and planning a career change into tiling and would like to gain some on the job experience with an experienced tiler in the Hampshire area. I am currently full time employed and only available weekends including Friday afternoon but I also have leave periods where I can support for longer including full days/ weekends.

I am currently away from the UK but on return will be attending a UK Pro Tiling training course from which in December I will be able to start gaining further experience. I am very keen, quick to learn and not shy of hard work. Due to my current job I am used to working late nights, early mornings and very long days working under pressure which I understand this job can be well known for.

I have my own van (good bye T5 conversion project! :'(), PPE and at the end of the course will have my own tools and a basic knowledge that I hope someone already established in the industry can help me expand. I am not looking for any money and will fund all my fuel, food and whatever else i need.

I can understand that there probably isn't much interest in training potential competition but all I am looking for is a shot at a new career.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

David

O

Old Mod

No one can fault your work ethic or attitude David, very best of luck mate.
We have several tilers listed in our directory, try those to start with.
If your home on leave in the mean time, visit local tile shops and ask them for names of fitters they recommend, then ask those guys for a chance to learn.
If it’s really what you want to do, then you’ll succeed!
Our trade is by no means as easy as it appears, that’s if you want to be best at what you do, but it’s exceptionally gratifying.
And far more than most ever imagine.

D

Dumbo

If you do go to tile shops go to hedge end and visit , tile source,nicobond and tile flair and also maybe ctd at Winchester.

Reply to Looking for experience - Hampshire in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks