Discuss Looking for a tile, but if not, a tiler. :) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

SimonN

TF
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm sure this is a duplicate post from many who sign up but, I'm faced with a cost I can't cover currently and I'm desperate for help.

I live in a Bovis home built circa 2002. Two showers have broken, I cannot get a replacement cartridge for them as Triton have discontinued support and Maintenance. I've looked under the baths and attic for any spares but nothing. If I can't find a replacement I'll need to re-tile the entire two bathrooms on top of the cost of replacing two showers as well. The upright bits of the shower that is mounted to the wall, that holds the shower head, dosn't appear to be standard and I'm 'told strongly' - that any exposed holes are not OK.
So I really need to find these tiles. Does anyone know of an online tool that could help? I literally have nothing other than those stuck to the wall, the name of the house builder and date and a photo.
In reality they don't look this dark - much more cream/pale.
IMG_2876.JPG

Can anyone help please? You'd be saving me earache and a lot of money.
Cheers - Simon.

SimonN

TF
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the reply.

It’s a triton external mixer
(Images from both bathrooms one is literally dying and the other dead and in pieces.)

7F1FCA2E-D384-496B-B7C3-BD338DD4BED8.jpeg

This is the shower riser

21A16A93-3D7D-44AA-9058-FF3AE3B1AD75.jpeg

W

WetSaw

That's no problem at all to replace. It should be 150mm centres as standard. Riser rail is easy as well. Use the same top screw hole and if you get one a different length just use a mirror screw with a bit of silicone in the old hole.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I believe the riser that Triton supply is still the same as the one in the picture so would be a straight swap.

SimonN

TF
Reaction score
Thanks Gents. I’ll have a look another similarly shower. I didn’t choose the original gold colour and the extra they charge for the privilege is more than the additional cost of changing the associated taps and fittings to chrome. Could be onto a winner here.

Reply to Looking for a tile, but if not, a tiler. :) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks