Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Looking for a new Laser level in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

Spare Tool

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Looking for recommendations on a new mid price laser, not taking on many bathrooms any more if I can help it so don't need to spend £4/500 on 10 X 360 line jobbies, but there's always going to be the odd one I get forced into.. So looking at around £150 ish mark give or take, had a DeWalt DW 088k red and found the line a bit thick so they're out, but come across the Makitas SK103/4, Bosch GCL2, DeWalt DW 088 green beam, any on here use any of the above and can recommend, looking for a nice thin line and of course accuracy, or throw any other suggestions in the mix please?

Reaction score
I have the dw088 green and if you're after a thin line I would not recommend it.

OP
S

Spare Tool

I have a yellow spirit level, and a pencil that produces a nice thin line....:D
Next level you get that extends from 15cm to 20m and bends round corners let me know Andy and I'll have it off you :)
[automerge]1567167667[/automerge]
Used to have one mate. The line is not that thin but I really liked it
Had a look, look decent but trust you to top out my budget H ;) haha

OP
O

On one

Watching this thread with interest......I dropped my basic, but useful Stanley laser a few weeks ago:eek:
Trying to find a pole mounted laser level proving to problematic as most seem to be magnetic.

OP
S

Spare Tool

Watching this thread with interest......I dropped my basic, but useful Stanley laser a few weeks ago:eek:
Trying to find a pole mounted laser level proving to problematic as most seem to be magnetic.
Hmmm got the Stanley pole myself, wonder if it would be possible to attach a piece of steel to the existing pole clamp and use with the magnetic mounts..

OP
H

hmtiling

I spent over £100 on the dewalt pole a couple of years ago and have used it less than 5 times. A hand saw works just fine

OP
O

Old Mod

Do's that mean you would be willing to let it 'go' at a much reduced price;)
You obviously don’t know Harry very well! Haha

I thought most lasers had a tripod mount, even if it has magnets?
Even my green Dewalt has a screw mount, in fact two, different thread sizes.
And before you say they’re to big or too wide to sit in the Stanley mount, I got a clamp with a tripod mount thread that grabs the pole instead. I’ve had my Stanley pole for over 10 years now and still fit any laser to it. :)

C74D13F4-8DDC-4621-B35C-5EA477BCFF3F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Looking for a new Laser level in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock