Discuss Looking at city and guilds via Able Dartford and also to work alongside a tiler today gain experience 2days per week in the Work Wanted for Wall and Floor Tile Fixers area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

ryan78

-
Reaction score
Looking into a city and guilds 6 week course to complete and then a start in this trade. Would like to work for/with and experienced tiler 2 days a week leading to more..labouring and learning etc not expecting much of a wage just the on-site experience..

have completed a 4 day course a few years back for diy mostly so have some knowledge..

have worked in the building trade previously so hands on experience I have..

any help guidance would be appreciated

ryan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hiya Ryan,

Well done on completing a course. AbleSkills are good guys.

Have you tried a few local tilers to guage their reactions?

How old (young?) are you? Apprenticeship schemes are about to be announced by the government with incentives for employers. Age 16 - 25 there are meant to be a few incentives for companies. But over that age I'm not too sure yet.

I'm guessing if you worked on a site beforehand you're over 25? lol

Reply to Looking at city and guilds via Able Dartford and also to work alongside a tiler today gain experience 2days per week in the Work Wanted for Wall and Floor Tile Fixers area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks