Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss little help fixing hollow metal mosaics in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

Matt Bott

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi I've got to fit strips of glass/metal mosaic the glass it flat to the mesh on the back but the metal could take about 7mm of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ through the mesh i can't back fill as its U shaped bits of metal any help or advise would be amazing i attempted fitting but the metal parts just collapse so pulled of as thats not good enough.

OP
O

One Day

I had the same given me by a customer who got them from Al-Murad.
Absolute rubbish.
The first time I used that sticky mosaic mesh stuff and it helped.
If you try and back-fill them you'll just make a mess.

OP
F

Flintstone

You can't back fill any mosaics without making a mess. Beva mosaic mesh is what I always use when fitting any mosaic detail, boarder, band etc, it usually helps with thickness matching too

OP
M

Matt Bott

Thanks Andy and imp I'll get pics up when I get back to customers house sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to little help fixing hollow metal mosaics in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock