Discuss Lithofin Intensive Cleaner in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

I've got job where the original tiler on a job has been kicked off for among many things leaving some horrendous grout haze on the 600x600 porcelain floor tiles(1 wash over and left it by the look of it)

I have had success in cleaning off the kitchen floor with diluted Intensive Cleaner 1-4water,but cleaning the utility floor has not been so successful.
If I went 1-1 dilution on Monday and this didn't clean the haze up what would be the next option @Lithofin BOB (A very expensive kitchen has already been fitted on the floor as well!)

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Try and test the intensive on one tile at 1-1 or neat, if there's a spare tile on site test it on this first -10-15 mins application , white pad -stiff brush
This will break the polymer binder of the grout, if it still remains you can try an acidic product,this will try to break the cementisiouse part- we have cement residue remover, it may need a combination of the two one after each other- poss several times- if it remains ( are the tiles polished or textured?) if polished ,you could try one of the magic sponges

O

On one

Try and test the intensive on one tile at 1-1 or neat, if there's a spare tile on site test it on this first -10-15 mins application , white pad -stiff brush
This will break the polymer binder of the grout, if it still remains you can try an acidic product,this will try to break the cementisiouse part- we have cement residue remover, it may need a combination of the two one after each other- poss several times- if it remains ( are the tiles polished or textured?) if polished ,you could try one of the magic sponges
Fraid I can't go down the spare tile route as the tiles are already fitted.
The tiles are only slightly textured.........magic sponge tho ?????

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
You may get Clean tiles Kyle ,but you might have to pay for new trims fridge,light,sockets, tv if stainless
Brick acid is generally hydrochloric acid , the vapour is the bit to watch for, fine external for tools and bricks

O

On one

On Saturday I ordered 2no 1 litre bottles of Lithofin Intensive cleaner over the phone for delivery today,guess what came..............................................................................................Lithofin Stainstop(let the forehead slapping commence!)

W

WetSaw

Brick acid is generally hydrochloric acid , the vapour is the bit to watch for, fine external for tools and bricks

Even just carrying tubs of hydrochloric acid ( for swimming pools) around in my old van the mesh bulkhead went rusty!
I just pick them up when I need them now and have one at each client instead of taking it around with me.

Reply to Lithofin Intensive Cleaner in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks